When it comes to recording studios in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast – or even across Australia – none can match what Heliport music studio has to offer the artists of today.
Although Heliport is just an hour’s drive from Brisbane, its location on a mountain in Buderim and picturesque tropical rainforest surroundings make it feel blissfully remote - you’ll feel transported to another world. This, together with its views of the surrounding mountains and the Pacific Ocean, means it’s fair to say that Heliport has the best and most unique location of all recording studios in Australia.
Australian recording studio with a world-class standard
With its state-of-the-art technology, innovative layout, and unique energy, Heliport is designed to ensure you get the most out of your instrument, and can even provide sessions musicians if required.
These factors mean that Heliport Studios has brought a world-class standard to the experience of recording on Australian shores. Local artists now have access to the very best in technology, equipment and professional assistance that a leading recording studio can offer, right here in Australia’s own Brisbane.
Heliport’s commitment to giving musicians across Australia access to the best music studio - in Brisbane with a range of packages available to suit different budgets.
- The recent client list at Heliport Studios includes a 4-day visit from John Butler and his band, prior to headlining the Caloundra Music Festival as well as the completion of Soniclines’ album- a collaboration between the virtuosic Anthony Garcia and Aria award-winners Tyrone Noonan and William Barton. The last months have also seen the completion of promising local acts Afterglow and Mothwing’s EP’s mastered by Mike Marsh at The Exchange, London and Wayward Smith’s second EP, mastered by Tom Coyne at Sterling Sound, New York. The Helipad has also been put to use as a part of Jaybird’s new wireless, in-ear monitor advertising campaign.
- November has seen the introduction of our new Studio B.
A writing/mixing facility complete with Pro Tools 10, Orpheus pre’s and conversion, UAD2 Quad Satellite, Golden Age Pre73’s, analogue summing and access to a host of instruments including: Access Virus TI, Moog Little Phatty, Akai MPC and an assortment of electric guitars, basses and electronic drums.
- The Studer A827 is now up and running after an alignment from Warren Huck combined with a clean bill of health and miniscule running hours for its age. Now tracking to, through and mixing to tape on an assortment of projects.
- Took delivery of a host of new and classic outboard gear including: Neve 1073 LB’s, API 512C’s, pair of DBX 160 VU’s and completing the Universal Audio holy trinity with a pair of LA3A’s.
- New microphones have arrived including Electro Voice RE20, Shure SM7, Shure 520DX and a pair of AKG C414 XL II’s.
- We’ve also updated our expanding instrument inventory with the delivery of a Fender Deville 4x10, American Standard Jazz Bass, 60’s Silvertone 1478, Maton and 1997 American Standard Telecaster with rosewood fretboard as a result of our owner’s recent trip to Blackbird Studios, Nashville.
Heliport Studios Owner